6.27.2010

Album of the Week #1

Hello again. I decided that I'd regularly feature an album every week so I can review it, and so you guys can get a glimpse of my musical tastes. This week:

The Dead Weather- Sea of Cowards
★★★★
Where to start... This is the second Dead Weather album out, and I LOVE IT I CANNOT STOP PLAYING IT OMGOMGOMG.
Please excuse that lapse in my composure. But seriously, everything about it just works. The songs just kind of flow together in a really psychedelic way. Not only is the music slick, distorted, and of high fidelity, the cover art, the jacket of the case, and the dark and almost churchy(?) vibe of it adds a whole other layer. And need I say it? Well, all right.
JACK WHITE, MAN. ALLISON MOSSHART. DEAN FERTITA. JACK LAWRENCE.
This is a modern day ubergroup that are combining their talents to create music that I'm proud to call my favorite.
Favorite songs: Blue Blood Blues, The Difference Between Us, Looking at the Invisible Man, Old Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment