7.03.2010

Album of the Week #2 or The Second Lady

You know what's amusing?
IT'S 95 DEGREES IN NEW YORK AND ONLY 80 DEGREES UP IN LOS ANGELES.
Like, seriously. I consider this a victory for the West Coast. That, and the Lakers win (OOOOHHHHHH!!!!!).
Ah, 4th of July weekend. A time for large amounts of meat, legal explosions, and beer ads that should really be selling Sam Adams. I myself had veggie dogs and non-alcoholic Coke, AND was in the company of hairy Russian men, which will now be known as HRM.

Crystal Castles- Crystal Castles

This band features one of my favorite people at the moment: Alice Glass. Honey, that bitch gets fucked up on stage. And I love her for it. IMMENSELY. Anyway, the album is more mature than their last one, and gone is the crazy 8 bit. Instead, it's a bit more sparse and more layered. Sometimes you can actually understand Alice, which is a good opportunity to listen to their fascinating lyrics. I don't want to say it's ambient (a much overused word), but it definitely doesn't sound like a video game (not a bad thing, by the way). Ethan Kath did a great job on the mixing, and Alice sounds on point as usual. This is the sound of a band maturing and creating something new.
Favorites: Doe Deer, Year of Silence, Birds, Baptism

One last thing: Listen to this song. I enjoy it. Creds to Caroline, one of my bezzie mates.

No comments:

Post a Comment