8.08.2010

My Pet Umbilical Cord

Hello, ladies and gentlemen. I went to see Dinner For Schmucks on Wednesday with Kayla. And dude, IT WAS MAD FUNNY. But the highlight of my day was stumbling upon
THIS BOOK.
What a very smashing Kayla is presenting is Nightlight: A Paraody. In case you didn't understand of what exactly, it's the Harvard Lampoon's version of Twilight. Here at Fabulous Muscles, we frown upon said book. And this book turns Bella Swan, or Belle Goose, into a self-aware klutz with a sufficiently gianormous ego who seeks out vampires. Basically, it turns everything I hate about the book into something that makes me stop every five seconds and laugh. It was pretty much impossible reading the book out loud in the Macy's furniture showroom to Kayla (she is lazy, not illiterate). And dude. Edward Cullen is now EDWART MULLEN. OI OI OI OI OI. And he's not even a vampire! I didn't get to finish the book because Kayla had bought it at Barnes & Noble on impulse and obviously wanted to read it.
Also, my mum's birthday was on Wednesday. Just thought I'd share.
As I sat in the theater watching previews, the trailer for The Social Network came on. I won't touch upon the fact that there's going to be a movie about Facebook (ummm, really?), but I will point out that the first thing I noticed was the song. And how fitting that they chose Creep! However, the choir version is just beautiful. Beautiful. After a quick Google search, I discovered it's a Belgian girls' choir called Scala and Kolacny Brothers. LOOK IT UP, Y'ALL.
Last development: I saw Rent at the Hollywood Bowl on Saturday. And not only was WAYNE BRADY in it, but Nicole Scherzinger (yes, one of the Pussycat Dolls) was absolutely AMAZING as Maureen. Other members of the cast as directed by the godly Neil Patrick Harris were Vanessa Hudgens, Aaron Tveit, Skylar Astin, Telly Leung, and Tracie Thoms.
And now I leave you with a song that I can't get out of my head...

No comments:

Post a Comment