12.07.2010

Regulate Me

So I've finally decided to get on my ass and do some show reviews. Indeed, friends! I will actually do some of this blogging business!
First, we have Hermès SS11, which happened to be Jean Paul Gaultier's last collection for the fashion house. Hermès began in the business of harness and saddles, and leather was all over the place in this collection.
Hermès Spring 2011 Ready-to-WearHermès Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear
Hermès Spring 2011 Ready-to-WearHermès Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear
Hermès Spring 2011 Ready-to-WearHermès Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear

Notice that clear looking-jacket? If one should take a closer look, YOU WILL NOTICE IT IS CROCODILE. Like, who would think of transparent crocodile? It's very exciting, you understand. The hats could've become monotonous, but they were just so... mysterious. The equestrian/ country look definitely prevails with the boots, the blazers, the billion variations on riding pants, and the spot-on tailoring. I also love the corset-type things that were on almost all the models. It would have been ridiculously easy for these girls to turn into dominatrices (especially Karlie Kloss with that crop... it worries me), but we stayed away from that area. It's all just incredibly sleek and makes me want to jump onto a regal stallion in my corset and sexy hat and strappy leather pants.
Album of the Month will be updated tomorrow if I can get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment