3.15.2011

Album of the Month March 2011


Lykke Li
Wounded Rhymes
★★★★

I first learned of Lyyke Li and few years ago a bit before she released her first album, Youth Novels. I didn't pay too much attention to her (her inclusion on the Twilight soundtrack threw me off a little). However, I decided to give her a second chance, and I wasn't disappointed. Her voice is stronger; gone is the breathy whisper of the first album. This set of songs sounds more refined, purposeful if you will. In the tradition of the Swedish, it's catchy and often danceable. The songs have a wash of melancholy that I'm really getting into, but that's not to say the music itself is depressing. It just adds intrigue and makes the mood a little more thoughtful. It's just the perfect background to anything, and particularly wonderful for just laying back and truly listening.
Favorite Songs: Youth Knows No Pain, I Follow Rivers, Get Some

Also, I loved what she wore on Conan. Her suit was simply marvelous!

No comments:

Post a Comment