3.25.2011

Interpretive dance

To be quite honest, NYFW didn't really impress me this season. Still, I have to mention the ones that could have used more praise.

Bensoni Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearBensoni Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearBensoni Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearBensoni Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearBensoni Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearBensoni Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear

Inspired by the idea of a Goth wedding, the team at Bensoni turned to the 90s for inspiration. You got your long skirts, your blazers with short skirts, and masterful layering. The graying pompadours were a nice Bride of Frankenstein touch. What really stood out to me, though, were the shoes. A lot of the models wore thigh high black patent boots, which sounds totally dominatrix, but actually worked. They kept the looks sleek and up-to-date. I also really love the filigree heels in the fourth picture; there's so much DIY potential! Perhaps I'll have to try it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment