6.21.2011

Jean-Charles de Castelbajac AW11

Fashion is way out of whack, yo. The Resort collections are already out but we haven't even had time to assess fall (well, that's a lie, the collections came out in February, but this ain't my job). Anyway, I'm going to continue with Fall 2011 nonetheless! Screw my going in order by city, I'm just going to have it it.

Jean-Charles de Castelbajac Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearJean-Charles de Castelbajac Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearJean-Charles de Castelbajac Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearJean-Charles de Castelbajac Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearJean-Charles de Castelbajac Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearJean-Charles de Castelbajac Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearJean-Charles de Castelbajac Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearJean-Charles de Castelbajac Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear

Surrealism at its best! The show was titled "Woman/Ray" as an homage to legendary artist/photographer/wizard Man Ray. I liked the way things started out relatively normal but with, say, a Dalmatian print, and then totally fucked with itself as the collection progressed. I mean, dude! Check out the hands bandeau/ strangler. True to Man Ray's time, everything kept a touch of class that acted as a foundation for all the trippy business.
I'd also like to draw everyone's attention to the marvelous skull hats.
Jean-Charles de Castelbajac Fall 2011 Ready-to-WearJean-Charles de Castelbajac Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear
I have to get me one of those. Top priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment